KCIT Specialty Full and Half-Day Trainings
Each of the following courses can be modified to meet the specific needs of your organization and your budget.
- BASIC CRISIS RESPONSE- Learn the basics of crisis response. This full day course is modified from the KCIT Basic Crisis Response Training and can be tailored to specific populations/ age groups.
- RESPONSES TO TRAUMA – Gain an understanding of how trauma impacts survivors in both the short and long term.
- RESILIENCY AND COPING- Learn methods of coping with traumatic events and the necessary skill to regain ones equilibrium.
- CHILDREN AND TRAUMA– Acquire the basics of providing crisis support to children who have experienced traumatic events.
- DEATH AND GRIEVING– Learn a basic understanding of the death and grieving process, especially as it relates to traumatic death.
- STRESS OF CAREGIVERS– Gain an understanding of the stressors that professional caregivers face and some helpful methods of protecting ourselves from vicarious trauma.
- ETHICS FOR CRISIS RESPONDERS– Learn how to navigate the work of crisis response in a safe and ethical way.
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND TRAUMA IN CHILDREN – Learn how social media can impact children by examining current trends, looking at how children process traumatic events, and how social media can also help those who have been traumatized.
- DEATH NOTIFICATION – While recognizing death notification is one of the hardest parts of a job, this course will examine best practices to deliver a death notification. Practice will also be included.
- CRISIS IN THE WORKPLACE – Is your workplace ready for a crisis? Practical steps and information is provided in this course.
Download Course Descriptions
- Children and Trauma Course Description (390.5 KB)
- Death and Grieving Course Description (294.3 KB)
- Ethics For Crisis Responders Course Description (293.3 KB)
- Resiliency and Coping Course Description (286.3 KB)
- Responses to Trauma Course Description (292.4 KB)
- Stress of Caregivers- Self-Care Course Description (387.9 KB)
For more information including a schedule of fees, contact the KCIT Project Coordinator at 215-343-6543 or email at email@example.com